AgenSoft announces the release of PatchFactory v3.0 RC1 for Windows 98/Me/NT/2000/XP/2003, patch and update building tool that is used for creating compact software, documents and databases updates from the old version(s) to the new one.
PatchFactory v3.0 RC1 is intended for final beta-testing purposes only.Key features of PatchFactory v3 :Patch building:
- Comparing files with size up to 2^63 Bytes (~8589934592 Gb).
- Significantly increased the comparing speed.
- Significantly increased quality of file-comparing.
- Utilizing of the registry, INI files or a fixed path for smart file location.
- Cumulative patch building to integrate several updates into one patch package.
- Storage of difference building results in intermediate files helping significantly increase the speed of reiterated patch building.
- Flexible control under ratio "time/result" with the help of different comparing methods selection.Patch applying module is based on the powerful Inno Setup engine which has the following features:
- Support for all 32-bit Windows versions in use today -- Windows 95, 98, 2000, 2003, XP, Me, and NT 4.0 SP6.
- Powerful integrated Pascal-based scripting engine providing lots of new possibilities to customize/enhance update Install or Uninstall functionality at run-time.
- Silent install and silent uninstall.
- Support for multilingual installs.
- Creation / changing of registry and .INI entries.
- Run an external command or executable before, during, or after the patch process
- Support for passworded and encrypted installs.
- Optional license information and release notes presented to your end-user.
- Apply Interface message management to customize messages presented to your end-user.
All features of patch module installation (except file update procedure) are implemented using standard Inno Setup resources.
Source codes of scripts used are available for free modification/enhancement.Additional features of Patch applying:
- Smart automatic version check to determine the installed version.
- Ensure that no system is ever partially updated (automatic Rollback function during patch applying guarantees that end-user's system is successfully updated or not updated at all)
- Capability of automatic backup of modified and deleted file(s).
- Rollback / uninstall of the update after installation
- Delayed patching support for locked files
- Small size of base update modules (without patch data).
- Log errors at apply time
- Easy-to-use optimized interface that can be enhanced with the help of Inno resourcesDirect download link: http://www.agensoft.com/download/pf3rc1_setup.exe
Post bug-reports, questions or suggestions using Technical Support
section at our Support Forums.
Please read the "Bug/error reports guidelines" carefully before posting.
Thanks in advance.